Re: Keep It Simple Silly

At 01:51 PM 10/1/2007, David B. Toth wrote:
>At 05:27 PM 9/30/2007, Bob Stewart wrote:
>

> >I've seen a few comments about AO-40, but where is it?
>
>It's motor blew up, and that wasn't really new technology - someone
>forgot to remove a pin.

I have to agree, we do have to keep up with technology.  Sure, the
Amateur service is unique in that old modes can always find a niche,
but we need to explore the newer techniques.  And I certainly agree
with the demographics.  It's the only hobby interest of mine (and I
have a number) where I am still seen as "young" (and I'm 40 next
year).  In all of the others, I fall somewhere between the median age
and the older end of the spectrum.

I for one look forward to what the satellite community will dream
up.  I was looking forward to AO-40 and was disappointed when the
incident happened, but there's always the next bird to look forward to.  :-)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com