AO-27 scheduler

AO-27.

Easysat ? ... right !!!l.

I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to tell when the AO-27 transmitter is switched on over my QTH ... (Frei Island JP33WB) ... or not.

Of course, any tracking program tells me *WHEN* the satellite is over my QTH but tracking programs don't tell me whether the transmitter is switched on or not.

The AO-27 scheduler supposedly does this ... the only problem is
... I find it thoroughly confusing.

The passes (according to any tracking program with the latest keps) and the AO-27 scheduler don't seem to agree ... (me'thinks John is doing something wrong !!!) ... or ... from the scheduler I can see if the transmitters are on (or not) when the satellite is well out of my footprint ... but I'd like to know whether it's on when the satellite is workable from my QTH.

Is there anyone out there who can explain in words of one syllable (or less) how one figures this out ... and then explain it to a thick and illiterate old sod like me.

This mail is in NO WAY meant as any form of criticism of the AO-27 scheduler, it is ENTIRELY me being TOTALLY stupid! and not being able to see the wood for the trees ... and asking for HELP.

How about an example that a 5 year old could understand?
(Even I might have a chance then).

73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>