Re: New Preamp

----- Original Message -----
From: "kc6uqh" <kc6uqh@cox.net>
To: "Bryant" <bryantcw@cox.net>; "AMSAT BB" <Amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 7:16 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: New Preamp

> Bryant,
> In the spirit of learning by doing, a part of Amatuer Radio, you have
taken
> the first step.
> How well a preamp will work for you depends on many factors. The next step
> if things do not work well is to find ways to determine why by, seperating
> out overload, noise floor, antenna pattern, ground noise, etc. Now you are
> into learning! The most important part is not to give up until you have
all
> the answers.
>
> Good Luck,
>  Art KC6UQH

Hi Art, KC6UQH

I agree with you and I believe that the best way to learn all the above
factors is to read "STUDY" the following article by James R.Fisk, W1DTY
(SK) publisched in the Ham Radio Magazine october 1975 pages 8 to 25

"Receiver Noise Figure ,Sensitivity and Dinamic Range ,What the Numbars
mean"

This article is a complete  discussion of receiver sensitivity,
intermodulation distorsion, cross modulation, and gain compression, and
what they mean in terms of  performance.

Since the above Ham Radio Magazine october 1975 is difficult to be found I
can send a zipped file of it to everybody is interested.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico