Re: Audacity files for AO-27 QRM

I took a listen to the audio file and what you're hearing is an
MDC1200 status indicator from a Motorola radio.  You typically hear
these on police frequencies but since they're easily modifiable to the
ham bands you'll hear them with the encoder still enabled on ham
radio, too.  I took the audio file and decoded it with WinMDCD
(freeware) and it reveals nothing too interesting:

TIME            OP      ARG     ID      DESCRIPTION
00:00:05.5	01	00	0424	POST UNIT ID
00:00:06.4	01	00	0424	POST UNIT ID
00:00:09.7	01	00	A900	POST UNIT ID
00:00:24.0	01	00	A900	POST UNIT ID
00:00:46.4	01	00	A900	POST UNIT ID

00:00:11.3 NO DECODE
00:00:20.8 NO DECODE

I edited the time stamps to reflect the time shown in the audacity sound file.

73,
Mark