Re: Terrestrial QRM to FM satellites

--- Luc Leblanc <lucleblanc6@videotron.ca> wrote:
> On the 2000Z AO-27 pass i was on this pass and i hear 2 folks discussing
> about
> a hamfest and they seems to be on a trunking system as we can copy clearly
> the
> "trunking tone" at the beginning of their transmission. AO-27 was over the
> eastern side of NA. If someone is aware of an amateur trunking like repeater
> this can give a clue even if the path of AO-27 was covering near all North
> America...

I believe that pass went directly over me here in South Bend.  So, all things
considered, I would think the station is in or near Chicago.

> P.S. with 50W on a 14 elem cross yagi their signal capture mine!!! at a
> time!!!

Much of one of the passes yesterday (can't remember which anymore) was
just a dead carrier locking almost everyone out from about mid-pass till the
data download.

> Luc Leblanc VE2DWE

Nice to contact you yesterday.  You ran a pretty good string of contacts.
I have you in the log at 2006 and heard you making a bunch on a later pass
while I was mostly listening.

73,

Bob - AE6RV