Re: Terrestrial QRM to FM satellites

On 20 Sep 2007 at 13:19, Bob Stewart wrote:

> John and all,
>
> There are apparently several stations.  I heard a part of a call
> "?A9??" on voice and at another time "/R" on CW on the 20:00Z
> pass of AO-27 over the US.  Someone else was complaining of
> a strong unmodulated carrier for awhile.  I guess I'll have to
> set the computer up to start recording.  I doubt it's malicious.
> Hopefully it's just "I didn't know".  But, as time passes, they
> will perceive ownership of the frequency, of course.
>
> Bob
On the 2000Z AO-27 pass i was on this pass and i hear 2 folks discussing about
a hamfest and they seems to be on a trunking system as we can copy clearly the
"trunking tone" at the beginning of their transmission. AO-27 was over the
eastern side of NA. If someone is aware of an amateur trunking like repeater
this can give a clue even if the path of AO-27 was covering near all North
America...

P.S. with 50W on a 14 elem cross yagi their signal capture mine!!! at a time!!!

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
RAC CEC
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe