Re: Terrestrial QRM to FM satellites

Quoting "Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK)" <amsat-bb@wd9ewk.net>:

> Hi Bob!
>
> > Today on passes of both SO-50 and AO-27, there were
> > terrestrial QSOs going on.  It was especially bad on AO-27
> > with a few people clearly unable to get through due to the
> > strength of the QRM.  It almost sounded like there was a
> > repeater setup on 145.850 with Roger beeps happening.
> > So, what is the "proper" thing to do in situations like this?

Once I started hearing this QRM while listening to AO-27, I recorded the
tail-end of the 20:00Z pass. Interested persons may download a mp3 file at
http://heml.mta.ca/Amsat/ (There is no promise that this link will be in
place for a long time.)

Besides the beeps and long periods of carrier-induced silence, there are
some conversational snippets which seem to me from native English speakers.
One of the amateurs on the bird suggested the QRM comes from a pager, and I
labeled the file as such, but I don't mean to suggest that this
identification is secure.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP