F8ZS silent key

It is with sadness that I must inform our AMSAT colleagues, of the
passing away of Jean Edmond Gruau F8ZS, President of Radio Amateur Club
de l'Espace and Honorary President of AMSAT-France.

Jean was the father of ARSENE radioamateur mini satellite, launched in
may 1993.

He retired a few years ago from its position as Inspecteur General of
the french space agency (CNES) that he contributed to create as well as
the European Space Center in Kourou, french Guyana.

Jean F8ZS was a very kind man with always a lot of good stories to tell
to his visiting friends about his large experience in radio
transmissions and preventive failure security in space industry.

73 de Bernard F6BVP,
AMSAT France founding President

http://space.skyrocket.de/index_frame.htm?http://www.skyrocket.de/space/doc_sdat/arsene.htm
http://www.amsat-france.org/spipamsat/article.php3?id_article=61