Re: New Preamp

i8cvs wrote:

> Buy the way very rapid advances have been made in the last twenty years
> in the development of semiconductors.It seemed that at first the field
> effect transistor (FET) and then GaAsFET were getting more and more popular
> over bipolar transistor, especially with respect to the noise figure from
> VHF to UHF

Just to add confusion to the topic, there are some experimenting with
PHEMPT pre-amps now, also... at least in some circles.  Calling them, "A
better version of a GaAs FET pre-amplifier)... so to speak.

I haven't seen much about this via AMSAT lists or publications yet,
however, and haven't analyzed why that is... just sharing.

Nate WY0X