Re: New Preamp

Welcome to the wonderful world of mast-mounted
preamps! 90% of the people who get involved with
satellites (INCLUDING myself) think they don't *need*
a preamp. After doing all you can (better antenna,
lower loss feedline, etc) to get your receive setup
maxed out, you finally decide to "just try one; I can
always sell it on eBay", and are usually amazed at the
improvement it gives you.
The _first_ thing I suggest to newcomers is to buy a
good preamp. Sadly, most are like I was, and stumble
around for weeks or months worrying about other things
before finally buying one.
Congrats, and enjoy your preamp!
73, Jim  KQ6EA