USB-to-Serial Converters

I've had excellent results using KeySpan units, both
the single-port, and four-port units, with both
Windows and Linux.
When I was using my rotators at Field Day, I used the
4-port unit with my Satellite Tracker Sr and FT-847.
Now that I've gone to omnis, I just use a single-port
"dongle" to control the '847.
Never had a bit of trouble with them, and I've used
them with other programs to control my scanners, and
program my HT's.
73, Jim  KQ6EA