Re: Anyone using a quadrifilar helicoidal antenna on 2mfor satellite APRS? How about mobile?

>Anyone know of a source for a QFH antenna that could be used on 2 meters?
>Kevin
>VA3SU

Very simple Kevin......

Go to:
>http://home.san.rr.com/doguimont/uploads/

and download:  Quadfil1.zip
It contains instructions for 2M, 70 cm, and 137 mc.  Very simple to
build, and if one buys everything new, today may cost about $15, the
coax and connectors are the must expensive part, but do not scrimp on
the latter!!

Mount both for AZ/EL, obviously for best performance, but with fairly
strong signal birds I have a pair mounted at 45 degrees, and use a
very light U100 rotator to move AZ only.....And the very best
pre-amps you can afford if the coax runs are long.....AT the antenna.....

Beam width is fairly large, but of course point as accurately as you can...

Some of the comments are pretty obvious, but I include them in case
some beginners are interested...

Don't hesitate with questions, hope this helps....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....

               Pulling for P3E...