online article of interest

An article of interest about tracking satellites and spacecraft from
Gainesville, FL in the 1960's:
http://www.gatorradio.org/Archives/UF_Student_Satellite_Tracking_Station_196
4-65.pdf

>From Sven Grahn in Sweden: <<Wonderful that people track satellites in
Gainesville. As you can understand from Dick's story I have been to
Gainesville. In fact it turned out to be several times and we tracked
satellites almost every time. The big adventure was Apollo-17, of course,
but hearing cosmonauts talk from Salyut-5 as it swept past Florida and
seeing the space station simultaneously from Dick's driveway was another
great experience (this was in 1976). >>

Jay AA4FL (Faculty Advisor, Gator Amateur Radio Club at UF)