LoTW: grid squares [was: ISS a Satellite or an airplane?]

Several people have written to me about long-lat to Maidenhead conversion.
I know how to do that.  For example, the grid boundary near Four Corners
is 109W02'0 37N00'0.00, which i represent as DM56lx/DM57la.  But LoTW
won't take that.

Figuring out what to send to LoTW, or getting them to accept something that
is more than six characters, that is the dilemma i face.  Thanks!

73's and good luck!