LoTW: grid squares [was: ISS a Satellite or an airplane?]

I have a similar issue with grid squares.  I've been careful to adhere to
the VUCC rules on operating on grid square boundaries (and often taken
photographs to provide additional documentation).  However, those who have
received my QSL cards will note that LoTW is not checked on those cards.

It seems that LoTW insists that grid squares be four or six characters
long.  So, how would i denote my operations from 38N0'0.00 118W0'0.00
(DM07/08/17/18)?  Can anyone help me out on this one?

[Note: If i'm in your address book, please replace 'qsl.net' with 'amsat.org'.]