re digital compass / hello to the group

Many thanks to all who took the time to reply and bring me up to speed
on the practical way to track with an Arrow Antenna......I gather that
an Arrow beam has a "pattern" that could be likened to using a shotgun
to shoot skeet/clay targets......The more elements on a beam.....the
more gain it has.....but the tighter the pattern hence you have to be
more accurate in pointing it....I'd compare that to shooting a rifle
......I also sense there is a proper time and place for using a beam
with a wide pattern (beam width)....and a time something with more
gain would be desirable.
 I'll spend some more  time reading over all your information and hope
to be meeting you all "on the birds" soon !!!!!!!!!!!!

73

Rhett Duke

KI4OVO

--
I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it.