Re: 145/28MHZ conveter and Ts2000 rx antenna

----- Original Message -----
From: "pedro cruz" <pccu2jx@sapo.pt>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2007 11:04 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] 145/28MHZ conveter and Ts2000 rx antenna

> Hi to all
>
> Any one use Hamtronics 145/28mhz converter with Ts2000 rx antenna ?
>
> My question is when i connect my downcoverter to the Hamtronics and then
to rx antenna to ts2000 in the FM mode on 28MHz the S-Meter goes to full .

> This is normal or i have to adjust the Hamtronics ?
>
> Best 73 !
>
> Pedro Cruz  CU2JX

Hi Pedro, CU2JX

The gain of your 145/28 MHz converter is in the order of 20 dB and
the S-Meter of your TS2000 goes to full receiving only the internally
generated noise at 28 MHz of your converter.

Simply connect a fixed 50 ohm attenuator in the order of 10 to 15 dB
between the 28 MHz output of your converter and the 28 MHz input of your
TS2000 and try different values of attenuation until the S-Meter
reading without any signal drops to about S1 or S2

For similar purposes I use a 50 ohm Telonic variable attenuator with the
capability to attenuate an input signal by 50 dB in steps of 10 dB and 10 dB
in steps of 1 dB

73" de

i8CVS Domenico