Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:35:47 -0400
From: "tjjapha@earthlink.net" <tjjapha@earthlink.net>
Subject: [amsat-bb]  AO7 Info for kb2hsh
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org

You may have hit the nail on the head.  I don't do Mode A, but that's
what
I found on Mode B.  5watts just didn't hack it (small antennas at even a
great portable QTH) on Mode B.  That was uniformly the case for me at a
number of QTHs.  I added a 20 watt amp. and it works great.  The 817 was
used in all cases.  Nobody says I'm too strong with the 20 watts!

Good luck,
Tony, N2U