AO-27 (TOPR?) SCHEDULE

I just reviewed the pass prodictions for ao-27 on the amsat website.  I then
followed the link to ao27.org.  now I'm a bit confused.  On ao27.org there
is listed a TOPR schedule with little explanation of what TOPR is.  It
appears however that this causes the satellite to turn on and off it's
transponder at various times.  If this is the case how does one determine
usable passes?  A satellite overhead without a functional transponder is
about as useless as mammaries on a bull! It seems it could be a source of
significant frustration if trying to work a pass only to find out the sat
had switched itself off!

Eric
KG6KQT