Need Oscar-7 help!

Hello all.  Well after a nearly 90 degree overhead pass tonight, I failed
once again to make it into the Mode A translator.  The signals were great on
the rx side.  On the tx side, I inserted the radials into my 144 Eggbeater
to concentrate more signal overhead.  No dice.  However, I must add that my
"everything" rig that I am using for...well...everything ham related is a
Yaesu FT-817ND.  Do I simply not have enough transmit power into the bird?

Any info is appreciated.

John KB2HSH