Ascend and Descend

Can you determine the direction of travel of an amateur satellite's
path merely by whether it is ascending or descending?

These current amateur radio exam questions seem weird to me - I mean,
our AO-51 can ascend from the North or the South...

What is the direction of an ascending pass for an amateur satellite?
A. From west to east
B. From east to west
C. From south to north
D. From north to south

What is the direction of a descending pass for an amateur satellite?
A. From north to south
B. From west to east
C. From east to west
D. From south to north