Out of range?.

Well Mak,
               The "challenge" is the incentive.

When I worked Joe I had to use knife-edge propagation to creep round the edge of a mountain.

It's fairly common to use a ridge and go over the top but to creep round the side is a bit unusual. You have to use all the tricks available and the propagation has to be just right.

Remember, even though it's *VERY* rare, under the right propagation conditions satellites *HAVE* been heard from the antipodes (exact opposite side of the earth to your QTH).

Aldert PH7PCF and I often used to QSO on AO-7 with me firing at the mountains ... 90 degrees to the satellite ... so never say never.

73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>