Re: AO-27 Webpage Down?

Hi Eric!

> I just checked the AO-27 website (www.ao27.org) and found it down.  It
> looks like the domain registration was changed today (maybe within the
> last hour?).  Didn't know if anyone else was having problems accessing
> the site or if it was just me.

Yup, www.ao27.org isn't working out here.  I was able to get to the homepage
by using http://www.umbrasi.com/AO27/ - a little slow coming up, but worked.
As for the 24-hour listing link, it seems to come up at:

http://www.umbrasi.com/AO27/listing.shtml

FWIW the listing on the web site appears to be off by 5-6 minutes compared
to the times I get from AO-27 Satellite Scheduler program here in my shack.
Of course, keeping in mind that the satellite's clock runs a little fast, the
listing from the web page this afternoon was about 5 minutes later than the
actual schedule I observed, but less than a minute's difference compared to
the times from that program.

AO-27 still sounds good.  Most of my operating lately has been with a 5W HT and
a long telescoping whip, with some work last Saturday using my VX-2R with a
telescoping whip on an 82-degree pass.  And a fair amount of activity on almost
every AO-27 pass.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA
http://www.wd9ewk.net/