TS-2000 birdie

Hi everyone,

As I spoke with some friends G0SFR, YO3GCF, I just checked today my TS-2000
for any "birds" on 70cm band.
My transceiver it's brand new TS2000X, european version, fabricated in
October 2006. Checked in USB mode ( make your corrections for FM ), finest
step possible, 50 Ohm dummy load.

This are results on claimed frequencies and intensity if applicable :

435.862 - S0 - almost perceptible, but present
436.799 - S9 - very strong, I can't imagine how Kenwood sell this TVCR !

When the SUB receiver it's active, there are several S9+60 signals from each
other MAIN-SUB.
SUB receiver it's only for talking around, at least on 2m, has a lot of
inter-modulations and cross-modulations. In fact, schematic performs quite
well, just the design it's bad (watch the SUB FM demodulator and front-end,
like an ordinarily PMR radio).

73 de Edi, YO3HCV

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4:02 PM