LZ/G0SFJ and YO/G0SFJ report

As previewed here and on Radio Bulgaria
International's DX programme, G0SFJ operated with an
Arrow and a FT51-R from LZ and YO these last few days.

My records show:

>From Belite Brezi (see: http://www.astro-brezi.org,
LZ, KN21nn, on 12 and 13/8 on AO51:

>From the European circle (monument) in Herastrau Park,

paragraph 24)

YO, KN34al on 18/8:

and in the evening outside Bucharest in a sunflower
field, KN34bq

ON5SA (mostly)

Also I heard G8ATE and GB1PBL and called both Dave and
Robert but they were low on my horizon and talking to
each other!

1. I found out in the manual that my FT51R reduces tx
power when the case gets hot (repeated useage on 5
watts) and I think this was a problem after mid pass.
Lesson: do not use up power (and heat!) on the only
alligator on the satellite Northbound (you know who
you are - on reflection, you probably don't!)!
Certainly, temperatures in YO were in the high 30s
(Centigrade) for most of the day, and this could mean
it would heat up quicker. Maybe I'll fit a small
Peltier device to the case?

2 I found it difficult to switch on SO-50 in the
mornings and the night passess were after 2300 local
and in pitch dark, so I'm afraid I abandoned SO-50. It
might be that I was simply on the wrong rx frequency
if it is changeing from expected.

2  A pleasure to meet Victor YO3HQN, Eddy YO3HCV and
Dragos YO3GCF. I hope at least one of them will appear
soon with an Arrow?HT on AO51...

All passes tape recorded. I will QSL direct or via
bureau and some pictures of the operation will appear
in due course on

73 and thanks again to the AO51 command crew

and G0SFJ