AO-7 log proposal.

To whom it may concern,
                                    I propose that the statistics system of
the AO-7 Resource Page log be modified somewhat.

Namely ... that the scorecard *NOT* give points when no actual QSO takes
place.

Further ... that the minimum requirement should be an exchange of signal
report and locator for a
'valid' QSO to be added to the scorecard.

The reason that I propose this change is that one particular station has
claimed 34 points in the last 7 days without having conducted one single QSO
.... which makes a mockery of the current scorecard system.

While the log was originally intended as an ACTIVITY log ... there are many
stations who appreciate the scoring system ... thereby adding to the
'challenge' ... and increasing their awareness of the need for good
operating proceedures as well as improving their receiving capabilities.

It is unfair that these stations be surpassed by others who don't even have
a QSO via the satellite.

That is why I propose a modification of the scoring system ... ie ... no QSO
= no points.

Opinions, comments and 'flaming' to me please, preferably on the back of a
$100 note though an e-mail will suffice ... (at a pinch).

73 John.   <la2qaa@amsat.org>   AO-7 Resource Page Log Admin: