eating crow about preamp

Greetings

After 3 years and many dollars, I finally hear the FM satellites well. For the last year or so I used a mosfet preamp and a 7 element homebrew yagi canted up 15 degrees on a cheap tv rotator. Worked most of the time.
This summer I had the dual band rig worked on. Its now very sensitive on UHF.

George, wb2vun recommended the Advanced receiver research Gallium Arsenide preamp so I bought the switchable model to avoid burning it out with accidental transmissions.

Now I have fantastic reception!

So, to all those who told me to get a preamp, I'll say, you were right! but I'll also say, dont promise pie in the sky in the future.

I learned many lessons.

I'm also active on ao-7 and vo-52. I'm slowly preparing for the HEO's. I purchased a UHF all mode mobile rig from a freind and a VHF allmode on e-bay. I have preamps for both and some yagis.

Looking forward to the success of P3E. I like the old proven design with the unity gain antenna arrays and the more sensitive receiver.

Thanks to all the amsats for all the satellites.

73, patrick, N2OEQ