Re: eggbeater II antenna performance oscar 50-52

Quoting KC2MHU <kc2mhu@ramsat.org>:

> I used a 70cm version for several years for satellite reception. I would
>
> recommend adding a preamp.
>
> Bob  KC2MHU
>
> Eric Fort wrote:
> > Can anyone here comment on the performance of the KO5E Eggbeater II
> antennas
> > for use on oscar 50-52.  Does anyone have personal experience with
> this
> > configuration?

Do I remember correctly that designs such as this are less circularly
polarized at the low elevations than they are overhead? If so, have you
considered the Lindenblad by Tony, AA2TX?
http://www.arrl.org/qst/2007/08/monteiro.pdf

If you're building either antenna specifically for VO-52, you might
consider making it LHCP, which I believe is the polarization of the 2m
signal transmitted by Hamsat. (Tony reports that his RHCP design
nonetheless receives VO-52 well.)

A low noise preamp at the antenna will make a huge difference also at 145 MHz.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP