Re: [Bod] Ron Bracewell, SK

At 03:41 AM 8/16/2007, AMSAT Director of Education wrote:
>Tom Clark, K3IO wrote:
>
> > Many of you know of Ron Bracewell, the Australian Radio Astronomer. I
> > have just learned of his passing at age 86
>
>For those of you who may not be subscribed to The SETI League press
>email list: my remembrance of Ron is posted to
><http://www.setileague.org/admin/bracewel.htm>.
>
>73, Paul
>

>--
>Dr. H. Paul Shuch, N6TX
>AMSAT Director of Education
>n6tx@amsat.org    www.qsl.net/n6tx
>Grid Square  FN11lh

If memory serves me correct, was it no his five radio telescope
dishes at Stanford that the society* tried to save?  As an aspiring
young engineer and radio astronomer, I read of his accomplishments
while an undergraduate at Mich. State.  My Dad, who lives in MIchigan
and former staff of MSU, is also 86.  It brings home how many of our
fathers, mentors, and teachers are passing away.  Prof. Bracewell's
textbooks are quite familiar to me.  He will be remember by us.

*Society of Amateur Radio Astronomy

73,
Ed - KL7UW
  BP40IQ   50-MHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xpol-20, 185w
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa@hotmail.com