Re: AMSAT-BB Digest, Vol 2, Issue 504

Scott

> The other downside is that even with two transceivers, I'm unable to work
> full-duplex. The two bands on the antenna use seperate elements and feed
> points, but share a boom. Transmitting on 2m completely overloads the
> front-end of the IC-7000. While full duplex would be useful, it's not
> absolutely necessary.

Theres also the old fashioned stub, you put a 2m quarter-wave open-circuit stub on the 70cm feeder close to the input of the preamp (maybe another close to the input of the rig). A little bit tricky to tune (fabricate it long and snip tiny bits of it off until you get maximum attenuation).

73
Richard G3RWL