Re: Measuring the ADC output of a sound card

Simon,

What brought this question about is a test with a new soundcard, a SignaLink
USB.  It have noticed that it is somewhat less sensitive than some previous
cards I have used, which readily saturated unless I reduced the signal
input.  The SignaLink USB does not saturate, even at full gain, in the same
application, which raises the question of whether I have enough signal.
There are some issues which can be in the programs and CODECS, which is why
I was wondering about something which gives you the raw ADC data.

>From eyeballing the dynamic spectrum in MixW, I can get a rough estimate,
and it appears to be "good enough," in that I am not throwing away too much
dynamic range.  It isn't an important question, but it did seem worth asking
if there was an existing program which would do this.

Alan
WA4SCA