AO-51 SSB/FM mode

greetings

Thanks for trying the AO-51 SSB/FM mode. It was interesting.

I made a few contacts. I noted the audio level was a bit low so it was tough to hear myself on the downlink but I quickly turned up the volume and withstood the load static noise.

I was wearing headphones.

It was interesting to note that matched uplink and downlink modes are clearly heard on the various satellites. Is it that the narrow band SSB doesnt fully drive the transmitter deviation? Might sound stupid but I'm curious.

Thanks to VE3NPC, KD8CAO,N5ZNL,W2NBJ, and KC8ZFN for the brief contacts.

73, pat