Re: Question on ANDE/RAFT/NMARS/FCAL

> Since NMARS and RAFT have both re-entered the
> atmosphere, how is it FCAL and ANDE are still
> in orbit since they were lauched at the same
> time?

ANDE was a perfect sphere with no external drag components and
weighed 50 kg.  RAFT and NMARS  were less aerodynamic cubes and
both had extrnal whip antnenas an hopefully a 4 foot long wire
HF antenna (though we think they were not fully deployed)...

So ANDE's mass is 15 times as much but it's cross section area
is only 10 times larger and much smoother.

Bob, Wb4APR