Re: Future radical satellite designs

The difference in my proposal is that instead of a series string, each
solar cell/battery assembly have its own boost convertor/regulator to
charge a common bus to a higher operating voltage. That way, a failure
or depletion a small number of batteries will affect only the available
bus current, not the bus voltage.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©