Fwd: Future radical satellite designs

On 7/8/07, Patrick McGrane <N2OEQ@aceweb.com> wrote:

> Some will argue that they want continuous duty whenever the satellite is in range, day or night.
> I would like to see a longer lived satellite capable of full power half the time that could
> potentially last several decades in orbit.

That's really insightful. So many of the birds end up operating in
that mode *anyway*; what could be accomplished if we designed them
that way on purpose?

--
73 de Maggie K3XS
Editor, Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club Blurb - http://www.phil-mont.org

By the way, inbound email is broken on the address you're using: "SMTP
Error (state 13): 550 5.1.1 <Patrick.McGrane@aceweb.com> is not a
valid mailbox"