Re: 2.4 GHz for R/C use?

Ah No Problems here...we will test our new RC interceptor
missile.  We need some targets, anyway :-)
Ha Ha!  Well it is not good news for the noise floor on 2.4 GHz no
matter how few flyers (or how many).

73 Ed - KL7UW

At 03:37 PM 7/4/2007, Michael Tondee wrote:
>Hi Jim,
>Yes, I didn't know either but the the systems have been in use for at
>least a year now. They were first only used for the newer "park flyer"
>type aircraft with fairly limited range. They are now approved for use
>with conventional RC aircraft from the little ones all the way up to the
>huge 40% scale planes. I'm not real well versed in the technology but I
>do understand it's a  variation of the spread spectrum technique. The
>first system that was out rapidly switches back and forth between a
>couple of unused frequencies. The newer Futaba system rapidly switches
>among many different frequencies. The advantage for RC pilots is that
>there are no frequency conflicts. There is no need for channels and one
>pilot cannot accidently "shoot down" another's aircraft.
>I don't know the impact they have on S band, if any. They might
>contribute to the overall problem with the ever increasing noise floor
>on the band.
>73,
>Michael, W4HIJ
>Jim Jerzycke wrote:
> > Just stumbled across this in an ad for Tower Hobbies:
> > http://www.towerhobbies.com/rcwnews/070210-futk6900.html
> > I had no idea that the 2.4 GHz band was authorized for
> > R/C use.
> > 73, Jim  KQ6EA

Ed - KL7UW
  BP40IQ   50-MHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xpol-20, 185w
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa@hotmail.com