Re: Grid Square..Physical Size??

At 08:07 AM 7/1/2007, Frank A Cahoy wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>A friend and I were discussing the actual physical size of a grid square
>in kilometers and or miles and we cannot come up with anything positive.
>Can anyone reading this provide us with those actual numbers?
>No real argument involved.  Just a matter of curiosity.....
>Thank you in advance...
>
>73 Frank, K0BLT

There is not set size as it varies from roughly square dimensions
near the equator to increasing taller but narrower one's at higher
latitudes.  Consider the grids that touch the north or south
pole:  they are triangles.

73,
Ed - KL7UW
  BP40IQ   50-MHz - 10-GHz   www.kl7uw.com
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xpol-20, 185w
DUBUS Magazine USA Rep dubususa@hotmail.com