Re: FD Contacts

Drew,

As always, Clare's words are wise.

I certainly respect the positions of our organization's officers and BoD.
Particularly in technical areas, decisions seldom can be made by popular
vote, since the only people qualified to make the decisions are usually also
those working on it.  Likewise in working with our international partners.

However, we, like the ARRL, are a membership organization.  Where possible,
changes which can be discussed in advance, should be.  A simple "Hey guys,
what do you think about .....?" here would, and has, brought out a lot of
heat, but also considerable light.  At worst, it gives people a chance to
vent but at least feel consulted, and at best it brings in some new
viewpoints.  The law of unintended consequences can sometimes be
circumvented that way.

Respectfully,

Alan
WA4SCA