Re: FD Contacts!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Jerzycke" <kq6ea@pacbell.net>
To: "George Henry" <ka3hsw@earthlink.net>; "amsat bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 11:00 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: FD Contacts!

> Well, that may be, but I read the Field Day rules, and
> as we all know, Field Day is NOT a "contest".
> If other rules override the Field Day rules, it should
> be widely published, or mentioned in the Field Day
> rules, which it aint.

Yes, it is...  Field Day rule 9.2:

9.2. See "General Rules for All ARRL Contests," "General Rules for All ARRL
Contests on Bands Below 30 MHz," and "General Rules for All ARRL Contests on
Bands Above 50 MHz" for additional rules (www.arrl.org/contests/forms ) that
may cover situations not covered in these Field Day rules.

> I agree that making more than one contact violates the
> *spirit* of the rules, but NOT the written Field Day
> rules.

Did you read THIS year's Field Day rules?  It doesn't get more explicit than
this:

7.3.7.1 Stations are limited to one (1) completed QSO on any single channel
FM satellite.