Re: AO-51 V/S

Greg,

I know what you mean.  I have a low power mode S beacon which I use to
verify things are working.  There is always something!

The first time I powered it up post-AO-40 for AO-51, I got only the faintest
signals.  After a bit of checking, I found that the low noise preamp was not
drawing power.  I inject the DC into the feed line, and the fuse in the
injector was blown.  An the reason for that was the diode protecting against
reverse polarity power was bad.  PFM.  Incredible signal with a small dish
when everything is working.

Alan
WA4SCA