Re: FD Contacts!

> Just wondered what kind of power you were running
> on your D700 to hit it? [ANDE] I am planning on
> using my D7 and a 3 element beam to see if I
> can hit it with low power?

I was probably running 50W.  But since my D700 was hearing the 2W TX on ANDE OK, then ANDE should hear your 5W OK too.
But I would only expect success above say 30 deg when ANDE is at least 6 dB closer to you than on the Horizon.

> I am guessing I am going to have to run 5 watts min?

That would be my guess.  Let us know if you are successful.  Remember, you ahve to wake ANDE up.  Send packets one after another until you hear it wake up and respond.

Bob, WB4APR