cleaning coax connectors

All:
Seeking advice on a cleaning solution for N-connectors which have been
stored on cable in a barn and show a little verdigris.  That is, they
have been protected from direct rain, but not ambient humidity.

I considered some TV-tuner and control cleaner I have here, but that
leaves a libricating residue with unknown effects on dielectric
behavior, etc.

Surely somebody's been thru this before!

Any suggestions?

(Yes, I'm digging out stuff for the FD satellite station . . ..)

Thanks & 73,
Jim
wb4gcs@amsat.org