HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY AO-7 (For Second Time)

Launched November 15, 1974 by a Delta rocket from Vandenberg Air Force
Base, AMSAT-OSCAR 7 provided many years of service till it went silent
from battery failure in mid 1981. Then on June 21, 2002, some 21 YEARS
later and  thanks to the keen ears of Pat Gowen, G3IOR while checking
for interlopers on 2 meters he came across a strange CW signal.
Sounding like old OSCAR satellite telemetry, it had the familiar HI HI
followed by a string of numbers in groups of three.

After monitoring by many ground stations it turned out to be AO-7, and
it seemed to have come back from the dead.  No one knows exactly when
this resurrection took place but this being the anniversary of when it
was discovered operational again by Pat, I guess it's the unofficial
birthday date.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AO-7, our highest operating satellite at this time.
We can only hope you live another long and active life. With five years
under your belt for the second time around, your well on your way.

Keith N4ZQ
FN33aq