Re: AO-51 Mode L uplink LHCP or RHCP?

> Ok, in a little panic here...  Building a helix to get a bit more gain on
> the AO-51 mode L uplink, and I just realized that I don't know if it should
> be Left or Right-hand polarized.  Which way should it go?

Not sure which way will really matter, since the AO-51 L/S antenna is not
circularly polarized.  It's explained in Gould Smith's AO-51 book, and also
in the following PDF:

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/OSCAR-E_Status_Report_5.pdf

Page 7 in the PDF has a photo of the antenna and a brief description of
it.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/