Ham Radio can be great !

Dutch Authorities allowed kids day for the 2nd time this year.

My son Willem, 9 yrs old, just made a sound QSO via AO51 with F0DEI,
for whom it was the 2nd satellite QSO ever. Two people happy (actually
three, I should including myself as well).
Way to go F0DEI - your voice was loud & clear over the satellite!

After this Willem programmed an APRS message into ANDE.
Maybe to consider for other kids day stations as well: chatting
to SPACE, and your message being answered by a real spacecraft
(with NOVA on the PC, just like the Space Shuttle) is really cool !

Henk, PA3GUO

ps1: good signal F0DEI - we will meet more often on the sat's !
ps2: AO51 was still operating at normal uplink, not 145.880 (yet)