Re: Monitoring the Space Suit EVA?s

andy thomas expunged (andythomasmail@yahoo.co.uk):

> The shuttle uses (allegedly) 259.7 AM over the UK as
> she boosts into orbit but I didn't hear her last time
> despite sitting in the garden at 1 am local time  (not
> very cold and not raining, just feeling silly).

I (and another local) heard a brief transmission on 259.7 during launch over the Northeast US. I was chatting with some folks in England who heard a few transmissions shortly after I did.

There was a gentleman in italy who heard quite a bit of traffic, so it does get some use on initial launch.

-Steve
N1JFU