Re: Full band transverters for satellite operations?

At 12:24 PM 6/15/2007, Michael Tondee wrote:
>     I find myself kind of curious on the question of whether this will
>be a more or less economical way of satellite ops than a traditional
>satellite radio? For the moment I had to sell my gear and will be
>looking to dive back in about the time the HEO birds launch. I still
>have my computer, of course, and would love to go the SDR route when I
>set up again if it's economically feasible for me.

Well for me, the decision is a no brainer.  The most expensive part
of the SDR is the PC, and I can make one or more available through
the normal upgrade process here.  Also, SDRs tend to be easier to
upgrade than traditional radios.  No going back to the store to buy a
new rig, just download it! :)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com