Re: Monitoring the Space Suit EVA?s

These are the traditional frequencies used by the US astronauts. There
was reportedly a plan to convert to digital radios in the 400 MHz range.
I don't know if this ever happened. Several years back, I was able to
listen to an EVA from a shuttle overflight on these frequencies. I used
a discone antenna with preamplifier and an ICOM R-9000 receiver. The
signal was very weak with that setup. I beleive I was able to hear
analog subcarrier telemetry from a heart monitor in the suit.

Frequency Mode Description
296.8000 AM Air To Ground, or Orbiter to Suit
259.7000 AM Air To Ground, or Suit to Orbiter
279.0000 AM Suit to Orbiter, or Suit to Suit
243.0000 AM Military Aircraft Emergency Frequency

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P