Re: Kenwood THD7E Problem with PC connection.

Hi Paul,

A second shot in the dark:

I recall that a few years ago new SW was released that had to overcome
delays in serial communication due to Windows XP (and 2000?).

Basically you had to start the SW, do a 'write to radio', turn OFF radio,
turn ON radio, and then the actual writing/reading starts.

But: that was to overcome an "communication error", not "radio invalid".
Nevertheless I wanted to mention this.

Did you try with older SW versions or running on older PC's/OS's ?
You could also try other SW, I used LINK7 in the past as well.

Henk, PA3GUO
(owns also the 'old' THD7)

Hi Kenneth, I tried all ways, TNC on and off etc etc, the comms starts ok
but reports "The radio is invalid" every time?
I hate programing up the radio via the front controls!

Paul Luggar

M0SCI

Website WWW.M0SCI.CO.UK

Amsat-UK Member 6484