Re: shuttle atlantis launch video and audio

On Jun 12, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Dr. Jay Garlitz wrote:

> I think the group might be interested in some video I posted online at
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZmhrPNzJg

Proof-positive that the "general public" is still interested in
seeing NASA succeed, even if all you can find on traditional media
outlets on launch day is coverage of Paris Hilton doing jail time.

Listen to the cheers.  People are still proud of our astronauts and
our space program.  Shame on the news media that Shuttle launches
that involved thousands of American's in the preparation, launch, and
successful missions, takes a back seat to stuff only the tabloids
should print.

 From the first "Godspeed, John Glenn", to the cheers of a cruise
ship just off the coast of Florida, decades later... we still want to
see our heroes fly.

Good show, Dr. Jay.  Thanks for posting it.

We're still running NASA Shuttle audio here on our three-repeater
linked VHF system throughout missions during crew wake times... and
we will as long as it's allowed.

Thanks to Chris, N6ICW -- we have an easy way to hear it, worldwide.
IRLP Reflector channel 9877.

(Disclaimer: I'm the admin for that machine, and sometimes people
give me "credit" and thank-you's for "hosting" Chris's feed, but
Chris does all the "heavy lifting" of getting good quality audio,
with breaks approximately every 3 minutes if transmissions are
continuous), and a proper audio delay board in the path so the
beginning of words aren't clipped off by the VOX circuit.  A bunch of
folks that set up and operate REF9877 just happily provide a "listen-
only" channel so keyups on local repeaters don't interrupt the audio
feed, and the bandwidth to make it all happen.)

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X